You’ve just got your hands on an amazing paintball marker, you’re all locked and loaded for some serious action, and itching to step into the arena.
Wait, aren’t you forgetting something?
No, nothing’s wrong with your guns or accessories, it’s what you’re wearing. Without proper attire, you may as well surrender your gun to the opposing team rather than walk back home with bruises, paint smears, and knee scrapes.
This is where dedicated paintball pants will come in handy to save the day, and you will need them regardless of your skill level.
My favorite is the IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants & Knee Pads, but you can feel free to make up your mind once you go through this list of the best pants for paintball available in the market.
The Best Paintball Pants Reviewed
Time to give those rugged old jeans (and your legs) a welcomed respite from the vicissitudes of competitive paintballing with one of the best paintball pants highlighted as follows:
1. IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants & Knee Pads – Best Overall
Based on a mixture of cotton and polyester, each in equal proportions, the IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants offer the best of both worlds. Featuring a military-type design, they will not only make you appear intimidating in the field but also help you imitate the visuals of elite soldiers.
Looks apart, these pants are just as impressive, if not more, functionally. The elastic nature makes them perfect for simulated combat situations where you’ll be dashing, ducking behind cover, diving, lying prone, and leaping over blockades.
Since they are Teflon coated, you don’t have to worry about dirt and paintball marks, they’ll come right off after a thorough rinse.
If you’ve got an extra harness or some minor equipment that you can’t seem to put anywhere, why not throw them in any of the spacious pockets placed on these?
Lastly, the knees. I’ve had many brutal moments of scraping them bad, real bad, during action-filled paintball fights. You don’t have to worry about it with these pants as they come with sturdy and adjustable knee pads incorporated into the fabric.
- The fabric is composed of a mixture of cotton and polyester.
- They are Teflon coated which makes them resistant to dirt and paint.
- It is elastic, especially around the waist, knees, and crotch regions.
- The pants have adjustable knee pads incorporated into its weave.
- Ample carrying capacity is ensured by the numerous well-placed and spacious pockets.
- The pants are available in five sizes.
- Available in camouflage, Multicam, and Multicam-black variants.
- The fabric composition is pretty impressive.
- You don’t have to worry about them getting dirty since they are Teflon coated.
- The knee pads incorporated into these pants will safeguard your knees against scraping.
- They are adjustable in several aspects, ensuring a perfect fit.
- I wish that they’d made them in more colors options.
The IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants boast an attractive look, rather intimidating, I would say, and are perfectly protective too. The Teflon coated fabric and added protection for knees make them one of the best-padded paintball pants available in the market.
2. SINAIRSOFT US Army Themed Combat Pants & Shirt – Best Package Deal
Do you feel like dressing up as a soldier for the ultimate paintball mayhem? Well, then you’re in luck because the SINAIRSOFT package includes a US Army themed combat shirt and pants. Both feature a Teflon fabric that is resistant to dirt and paintball stains and can be washed easily too.
You will have no trouble with sweat or heat with the highly breathable and quick-drying cloth material. Also, feel free to store away miscellaneous items in any of the spacious pockets incorporated into both the shirt and pants.
Overall, the package is perfect for paintball and BB duels, however, you will have to buy separate knee and elbow pads for fool-proof protection.
- The package includes a combat style shirt and pants.
- The Teflon fabric makes the attire resistant to dirt and stains.
- The fabric is firm and tough yet very light and breathable.
- The quick-drying technology safeguards you from sweat buildup.
- You can adjust sleeve-length (for the shirt) with Velcro.
- Several spacious pockets present in both the shirt and the pants.
- The fabric feels light and the body stays relatively cool.
- The quick-dry technology comes in handy when you’re sweating.
- If they get dirty, you can simply wash them and the stains will come off.
- The spacious pockets are very helpful at times.
- The knees are not padded.
The SINAIRSOFT US Army Themed package is an excellent option for those who want to dress up in full military attire for an epic paintball showdown. Looks are one thing, but the protection that this fabric offers against paintball marks is also immaculate.
Just buy some padding for your knees and elbows and you’ll be all done.
3. Paintball Equipment Tactical Emerson Combat Pants – Best Budget Option
Let’s admit it, we can’t always dole out our hard-gotten gains, especially amidst challenging times like these (with the COVID-19 and all). But passion knows no bounds.
And if you don’t want a hefty price tag to get between you and your paint-balling lust then this Paintball Equipment Tactical Emerson Combat Pants will be perfect. Not only are they affordable but also boast decent protective features and a fairly attractive design.
The soft yet tough fabric is a mixture of cotton and polyester (35 and 65 percent respectively) with a Teflon coating present for protection against hard stains.
- Although the fabric feels soft against the skin, it is very tough and durable.
- These pants are highly breathable, keeping your legs cool even during intense moments.
- The pockets are spacious enough to make item-management easy.
- The pants have been immaculately designed and look sporty.
- They are comfortable to wear.
- The fabric will not tear easily.
- You will feel cooler with these pants on – due to enhanced breathability.
- The pockets are spacious and strategically placed.
- Only available in one color.
If you’re looking for an affordable product to put on and jump straight into the paintball war-zone, then the Paintball Equipment Tactical Emerson Combat Pants will work just fine for you.
4. Survival Tactical Gear Pants & Knee Pads – Best Color Options
The Survival Tactical Gear Pants are the sort of pants that can get you through some serious perils such as a close-quarters paintball fight gone wrong. They are padded around the knees to offer extra protection and to encourage more daring moves on the field.
These pants also boast amazing looks, and unlike the IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants, these are available in a wider range of colors including black and coyote brown.
But just like the former, they offer unrelenting protection against all threats of the paintball field, especially against paint stains and knee scrapes.
- The fabric is durable, firm, and very breathable too.
- You can adjust the waist fit via a Velcro strap mechanism.
- The knee region has been padded for extra protection
- The breathable fabric allows air to circulate through and keep your legs cool.
- Gear pockets included for housing extra equipment and miscellaneous items.
- The YKK zipper fly is made up of metal.
- Your legs will remain cool even when the heat of battle is upon you.
- The pants fit perfectly.
- The availability of so many color options is another bonus.
- The knee pads are very helpful in preventing any serious injury.
- These pants are a bit pricier, although based on the features, I can see why.
The Survival Tactical Gear Pants are not only aesthetically pleasing and offer a great fit but also protect against all perils of a paintball warzone.
5. Exalt Paintball T4 Pants – Best Padding
Ever heard of Kevlar? It is a highly resilient shock-absorbing material, often used in bullet-proof vests. These pants are padded with Kevlar on the knees, hips, and crotch, meaning that you will enjoy ‘360-degrees protection’ against paintball projectiles.
The Exalt pants also boast dashing looks and several spacious pockets to house miscellaneous items with ease.
- The knee region is protected by Kevlar.
- The hip and crotch region is also padded for extra protection.
- A vented mesh has been incorporated into the fabric to make it more breathable.
- The pants feature two drawstrings for adjusting the fit.
- The waistband region has been printed with silicone on both the exterior and interior.
- The pants are intensively padded.
- They are perfectly breathable, allowing heat to dissipate easily.
- The pants fit perfectly.
- They offer foolproof protection and unparalleled mobility.
- Only available in one color scheme.
- It is a bit pricey.
The Exalt Paintball T4 Pants offer excellent padding overall sensitive areas and boast a ‘bad boy’ look as well, hence earning themselves a place among the best-padded paintball pants on this list.
Its many features are enough to convince anyone that they are perfect for safeguarding you against all sorts of paint, dirt, and paintball bruises.
Paintball Pants – How To Make The Perfect Decision?
You’re probably overwhelmed by the sheer diversity of products available in the market. But fret not, in this section, I will highlight all the basic parameters that you should consider when buying paintball pants. Let’s dive in:
Paintball can easily become ruthless, more brutal than you can imagine. If you accidentally find yourself between a crossfire, you’ll see how nightmarish things can become a reality on the field.
This is why a thick fabric is important when it comes to paintball pants. It will mitigate the impact of paintballs, although not cancel it entirely, that’s why you’ll need additional padding too. But these pants will go a long way in preventing bruise-formation on your skin.
Moreover, as you dive and dash for cover, the thick fabric will keep you safe from scraping against the ground and undergrowth.
Look For Protective Padding
Padding is not an option when it comes to paintball, it is a necessity. Being someone who’s been shot with paintballs at close range repeatedly, I can assure you that the agony is unbearable.
The protective pads in your pants won’t always come in the way of paintball shots, except for misfires (you will need a chest armor for that), but they will absorb the shock of impact as you dive from one cover to the other.
Your knees, hips, and crotch are most vulnerable when it comes to such maneuvers and with some extra padding, you can safeguard them from any serious damage.
Materials Will Make All The Difference
You should never ignore the materials. The composition of your pant’s fabric will make all the difference when it comes to comfort, breathability, resilience, and durability. A fraction of cotton added to the mixture, perhaps with polyester, will make it soft for your skin.
Similarly, a certain degree of elasticity and toughness should also be present in the fabric. You can determine this by gently stretching the pants yourself or skimming through customer reviews for a better idea.
Teflon is another important constituent for paintball pants as it makes them resistant to dirt and paint. Lastly, the pants should be breathable, this will keep your legs cool even under the scorching sun.
Some Other Factors To Consider
You should also consider some other factors that most people tend to overlook but which are very important when it comes to it:
They should be strategically placed and spacious enough to carry some stuff in the field. Having an extra harness, for instance, can make all the difference when you’re low on ammunition.
Never go for flashy shades, that’s like ringing a dinner bell for crocodiles while swimming in a river, you get the picture. Flashy colors are the easiest to spot, if you can’t get MultiCamo shades, at least settle for something low profile that blends in perfectly with the surroundings.
3. Patterns & Designs
Advanced players like to add specific patterns and designs to not only intimidate their opponents but in some cases, to aid in camouflage.
Before we wrap things up, take a look at this YouTube video to get some professional advice about paintballing, and how to improve your game in general.
I listed my picks for the best pants for paintball by considering affordability, versatility, and the protective edge that they provide as the foremost parameters.
The IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants are my personal favorite owing to their creative excellence and foolproof protection.
However, if you’re on a tight budget, then the Paintball Equipment Tactical Emerson Combat Pants can do a pretty fine job too.
Whatever you choose to put on will reflect on you, how others view you… And you should be feared when it comes to paintball.
Last Updated on October 17, 2021
Table of Contents
- The Best Paintball Pants Reviewed
- 1. IDOGEAR G3 Combat Pants & Knee Pads – Best Overall
- 2. SINAIRSOFT US Army Themed Combat Pants & Shirt – Best Package Deal
- 3. Paintball Equipment Tactical Emerson Combat Pants – Best Budget Option
- 4. Survival Tactical Gear Pants & Knee Pads – Best Color Options
- 5. Exalt Paintball T4 Pants – Best Padding
- Paintball Pants – How To Make The Perfect Decision?