They say that even a subpar strategy may work out if the best tactics are used. And this applies to paintball as well. For impressive tactics though, you need some pretty decent footwork.
I’ve lost count of the number of times when an amateur player would walk in the arena wearing sneaks or tennis shoes. While they do ‘work,’ they can’t pull off anything fancier than that.
In paintball, you’ll have to be quick on your feet, have excellent grip, and most of all, not tire yourself.
Don’t be, in this article, I will unveil my picks for the best paintball cleats and shoes.
My personal favorite is the HK Army Shredder 2.0 Paintball Cleats, but there’s a lot more from where these came.
Stick till the end and learn how to make the perfect decision when going out shopping.
Top 5 Best Paintball Cleats & Shoes Reviewed
1. HK Army Shredder 2.0 Paintball Cleats – Best Overall
If comfort, durability, and performance had a name, it would be HK Army Shredder 2.0. Why? These shoes deliver optimally on all fronts and have been designed specifically to sustain rough usage, as would be expected from the field of paintball.
The smart engineering put into making these cleats is more than enough to ensure you that they are perfect for sprints and dashes. And, don’t worry about slipping, since they have traction spikes, integrated into their frame to keep your feet on the ground.
Built to withstand whatever physical challenge you can throw their way, these cleats will be perfect for your action-packed gaming sessions. Apart from effective performance, these cleats are also meant to deliver comfort for your feet.
They have a breathable mesh in the upper part, keeping your feet perfectly aerated during intense sessions. This is important for two major reasons, firstly, it mitigates sweat buildup and secondly, it lowers the risk of athlete’s foot.
All in all, the shoes are just as comfortable to wear as they are effective in performance, making them a formidable choice for any player.
- Dedicated paintball cleats, available in several attractive color designs.
- Eight spikes integrated to create traction and improve grip.
- Highly durable design.
- The upper part contains a breathable mesh.
- Designed to deliver comfort to the user.
- I adore the color options available.
- They are perfect for sprinting and dashing without losing your grip.
- They won’t break or tear even after rough usage.
- The feet don’t heat up or get drenched in sweat owing to the breathable mesh in the upper part.
- Some people have reported sizing issues, so be sure to contact the provider and get matters cleared up before you make the deal.
The HK Army Shredder 2.0 Paintball Cleats are perfect for paintball not only because of their many virtues but because they were designed specifically for this purpose.
They will stick with you for the long run and that’s why I have placed them among my selection of the best cleats for paintball.
2. M-Tac Tactical Combat Shoes – Best Budget Option
Do you need some decent shoes for paintballing but are on a tight budget? Then no problem. While you may not want to cheap out on essential equipment, cost-effectiveness is always welcomed, and this is exactly what the M-Tac Tactical Combat Shoes deliver.
These olive-colored multipurpose shoes are perfect for sprinting for cover and engaging in intense high-paced action. Designed to deliver speed, traction, and durability, these shoes are perfect for any outdoor challenge that you can think of.
They can face the vicissitudes of every weather and will give you a competitive edge (if you know how to redeem it). The manufacturers did not waste any time with decorating them but instead invested their efforts in making them finely tuned for high performance.
- Made up of polyester material, the sole is also synthetic.
- Olive colored shoes
- Meant to withstand aggressive use.
- Suitable for all weather conditions.
- Features a sturdy and durable design.
- These shoes have an intimidating and serious look.
- They deliver excellent traction and speed.
- They will last quite some time, meaning that you won’t have to invest again and again.
- They are among the most affordable high-quality products out there.
- You can use them for other rough activities too (like BB duels).
- I wish that they were available in other colors too.
- They don’t deliver the same level of comfort as some high-end products do.
The M-Tac Tactical Combat Shoes are a no non-sense deal, these are easily among the best shoes for paintball, and a perfect option for people pinned down by a tight budget.
3. Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tactical Boots – Best Leather Based Option
Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tactical Boots are purely leather-based, and if you have no compunction against animal-based products (except for poached ones), then a perfectly suitable addition to your paintball tier.
Not only do they look daunting but their sturdy and durable construct will be more than enough for whatever awaits them on the field.
The shaft goes as high as the ankle, more like what military personnel wears for active service. And these boots deliver nothing short of the best in performance. These shoes can withstand rough treatment, deliver excellent traction, and give you a decent speed too.
The best part is that the anti-odor feature will keep your feet from stinking up.
- Made primarily from leather.
- Textile components and a rubber sole are also incorporated into the design.
- The anti-odor feature mitigates the growth of odor giving microbes.
- Sturdy and durable design.
- The shaft goes as high as the ankle.
- They look and feel like military-style boots.
- They are perfect for people who have a preference for leather-based shoes.
- Your feet won’t stink up.
- The design is visually impressive.
- They are pricey.
Any list about best shoes for paintball would be incomplete without the mention of military-style boots like the Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tactical Boots.
Though they are not a conventional option, they do target a specific audience trying to recreate a realistic army-like feeling for their paintball sessions. Get the full list of our favorite tactical paintball boots here.
4. Salomon Men’s Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoes – Best for Speed
If you want to dash through the field with confidence, wearing shoes that will put to shame any product featuring an average design, then Salomon Men’s Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoes are for you.
Featuring a comfortable interior and an aggressive grip on the outside to create flawless traction, they are meant to give you comfort, agility, and stability.
What’s even better is that they are available in an assortment of color options, although I recommend that you pick something darker to avoid being too conspicuous.
- The product is completely synthetic.
- The sole is made up of rubber.
- The shoes have an aggressive grip design.
- The EVA midsole is meant to inculcate an element of comfort into the design.
- Several color options available.
- The shoes have a lightweight feeling to them.
- They offer unparalleled speeds.
- The grip is pretty impressive.
- You will find them to be perfectly comfortable.
- Be sure to get the genuine product, some users have complained that sellers are pushing counterfeit versions (contact the manufacturers directly).
The Salomon Men’s Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoes offer agility, comfort, and excellent traction when running. This makes them perfect for high-paced action situations, such as a paintball field.
5. Columbia Men’s Redmond V2 Shoes – Best Universal Option
Featuring a comfortable midsole and perfect cushioning mechanism inside, these shoes are just as enduring on the outside. Perfect for all terrains and weathers, the Columbia Men’s Redmond V2 Shoes are the go-to choice when you’re looking for a durable product.
Although they are marketed as being waterproof, I wouldn’t push them to this limit as they are not all that safe from water. But other than that, a perfect universal, all-terrain product.
- They have sturdy and durable construction.
- Suited for all terrains
- These shoes offer impressive traction and speed.
- I liked the color options, all of them were impressive.
- They are comfortable to wear.
- The all-terrain suitability can come in handy in some areas.
- They are durable and sturdy.
- They are not completely waterproof people have been led to believe.
- A bit pricey
The Columbia Men’s Redmond V2 Shoes are perfect for all terrains and for withstanding the vicissitudes of the outside world, a decent buy indeed.
What To Consider When Buying Paintball Cleats & Shoes?
While they may be low profile (after all who’s going to notice, unless you make them), shoes are an important part of your paintball ensemble. They will determine how agile and daring your movements will be on the field.
While it is never a good idea to dash through the arena, but in case you run for cover or to avoid unfavorable grounds (being surrounded), you need to know that your shoes will allow you to do as such.
Before you lose your heart to a product of your liking, consider the following criteria to make an informed decision:
What Are They Made Of?
The material composition of your shoes is among the foremost quality parameters to look out for. While some people prefer a purely leather-based construction, others like synthetic alternatives.
You should prefer high-quality materials, even if they are synthetic. Unsure how to do that? If you’re contemplating getting your hands on a product, read the customer reviews first to ensure that it is a no non-sense deal.
Synthetic materials have lately developed a better following because they are not animal-based.
How Have They Been Designed?
The design is another factor to consider. Consider the following problems:
- Are the components held together firmly?
- Will the structure hold out against the challenges of the outdoor environment?
- Are there any obvious design flaws or weak spots that may make shoes vulnerable?
Are They Comfortable To Wear?
Comfort is one of the most underrated yet highly important factors to consider. There is no single definition when it comes to ‘being comfortable,’ however, you can look for some indicators.
Firstly, the shoes should not press hard against your toes and heels. Neither should they cause pain after a little stride.
Secondly, the shoes should feel lightweight, there should be no drag whatsoever. Even the slightest drag can become troublesome on the field where you have to be as quick as possible.
Lastly, the shoes should be breathable. This will not only keep your feet from heating up after intense action but also mitigate the chances of getting an athlete’s foot. Trust me, you don’t want one, it’s the worse.
Just as a precaution, keep your shoes dry and sprinkle a bit of antifungal powder in there from time to time.
Do They Provide Enough Traction?
When it comes to shoes, traction is a good thing – not quite how it is understood otherwise. The better the shoe grips the ground, the better it will perform in terms of speed and stability. Cleats have dedicated spikes underneath for this purpose but regular shoes can also provide appreciable friction.
How Do They Look?
Yes, looks matter, but not the way you would imagine. Your shoes should not be flashy or easy to spot. Instead, try darker shades and low profile designs to better blend in with the environment and avoid detection.
Now… Let’s have some fun stepping on paintballs. Remember, I mentioned “fun”. 😉
When it comes to durability, effectiveness, and comfort, all products mentioned on the list are worthy of your admiration.
I have cast my vote in favor of the HK Army Shredder 2.0 Paintball Cleats, as these are the ‘best cleats for paintball’ (ask anyone).
However, if you’re on a tight budget then the M-Tac Tactical Combat Shoes can deliver excellently too and are very cost-effective as well.
Paintball shoes should meet certain criteria to be suitable for the intense sport, hence be careful when making a decision.
As for the game itself, go in prepared and come out triumphant.
Last Updated on February 9, 2024